The objective of the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program is to contribute to improve knowledge and understanding of Canada among Canadian youth, to help young Canadians connect to one another and create links throughout the country, to develop Canadian identity and attachment to Canada among youth, to contribute to the development of leadership skills in young Canadians and to foster a stronger sense of community by providing opportunities for youth to become actively engaged. Application deadline – March 1st. Information & online Application Process
QEH Youth Volunteer Program – If you are currently in grades 10-12, you are eligible to participate in the QEH Youth Volunteer Program. This program will run for nine weeks beginning July 1st, 2018 until September 3rd, 2018. The commitment involves a consistently weekly shift of approximately three or four hours depending on the volunteer assignment. With the exception of illness or a short holiday, youth volunteers are expected to meet these requirements. Any applicant planning to be absent for more than two of the nine weeks of the program will be unable to participate. Through participation in the Youth Volunteer Program, youth will be eligible for the Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning’s Community Service Bursary. Contact the Volunteer Services Department at 894-2003 or email Janice Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting this month the aim is to put all information regarding Students Services on this page as well as on the school calendar. Heather Lea Desai and Pat Doherty joined the Student Services Team in September and we have been busy assisting students and parents. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can support your student in any way.
Parent Information Night Holland College and the University of Prince Edward Island will be hosting a parent information night on Thursday September 28th 6:00pm MRHS Cafeteria. Come and hear about the exciting opportunities that exist for students who want to study on PEI!
On behalf of the student services team (Jennifer Victor, Heather Lea Desai, Pat Doherty) we are thrilled to have you back for the 2017/2018 school year let’s make it a good one! Also welcoming Kyla White and Ewen MacPhee from Mrs Trainor’s first semester Leadership class to help us for the duration of this semester.
Interested in which Universities are coming to Montague Regional High? Look below!
- Monday, November 7: UPEI will be here for an information session. The presentation will take place at 11:45am in the Library Conference Room. Check it out at: http://www.upei.ca/
- Wednesday, 9 November 2016: Saint Francis Xavier University (St. F.X.) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) will be visiting MRHS. If you are interested, please visit Student Services for more details.
- Thursday, November 17: St. Mary’s University. https://www.smu.ca/
- Monday, November 21: Dalhousie University. https://www.dal.ca/
- Thursday, November 24: U.N.B. Will be here at MRHS for an information session. Come on out! http://www.unb.ca/
- December 1: Acadia University will be here at lunch time to offer admissions on the spot to Grade 12 students. http://www2.acadiau.ca/home.html
*Stay tuned and look on the board outside of Student Services for additional informational sessions!*
- You’re invited to attend a Holland College Campus Tour Day on Saturday, November 5, 2016. All Campuses will be open from 10 am – 2pm. More information @ hollandcollege.com.
- SHAD is seeking high achieving students interested in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) who are seeking an enrichment experience. The online application due date is November 28, by 11:59pm. More details and information are available in Student Services.
- Any students who are looking for volunteer opportunities, can see Ms. Victor in Student Services.